Unlike the March 2020 lockdown, animal welfare has been explicitly mentioned in the guidance and legislation. To the best of our understanding, behaviour and training is covered by the animal care and welfare sections of the legislation. This appears to mean you can choose to travel to access our services, and this would not count as your daily exercise.
However, anyone who is now shielding/extremely clinically vulnerable should NOT attend any face to face sessions with Well Connected Canine.
There will be no “group” sessions until April 2021 (e.g. social skills or gundog games) dependent on government advice and the coronavirus situation.
If your session is affected by these changes OR if you feel uncomfortable about attending a face to face session for any reason, please be assured that you have a range of options:
- Request a refund (don’t cancel your booking, we’ll do that for you)
- Switch your session to online (we’ll refund the difference in session price)
- Defer your session (no rescheduling charge)
What we CAN still offer:
- Virtual behaviour and training sessions will continue as normal
- Face to face behaviour and training sessions will continue as normal following our covid-secure procedures.
- We have enhanced our safety measures (please see attached), and this includes requiring all clients to wear masks during sessions unless exempt
- Please ensure that a minimum number of people attend sessions, and all attendees should be part of the same household
- There may be an assistant present at your session, please contact us in advance if you have any concerns about this
We are committed to regularly reviewing our procedures according to scientific evidence and government guidance. You’ll be emailed with any updates, and please don’t hesitate to ask any questions.
If you wish to get in touch regarding this news item or for any other reason, please click here.